Dec 8, 2007

Oh My! Hash Brown & Ham Pie

This cheesy, crusty pie recipe is courtesy of The Pampered Chef...served at the first PP party I ever went to, at my friend Diana's. YUM! PP recommends making it in their 'deep dish baker' but I make it in a deep dish pottery pie pan or better yet, in an iron skillet. Enjoy it for supper as well as breakfast. http://www.pamperedchef.com/

Preheat oven to 350 and combine 4 slightly beaten eggs, 1 c. diced ham, 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese, 1/2 c. milk, 2 TB chopped onion, and 1 cup chopped veggies...I like broccoli, but you could use asparagus, mixed veg, green pepper, or whatever leftovers you have on hand. Set aside for now.

Use one large pouch refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes mixed with 2 more cups cheddar to form a crust in the dish. Then pour the egg mixture into the potato crust and bake 45-50 minutes, until golden brown and the center is set. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting. Makes 6 servings.